Tuesday, 05 June 2018
7 Tips to Help Your Parents Stay Fit and Healthy
What kind of measures can you take to maintain your parents' health in their old age? Here are some tips to help them stay fit and healthy as they age.
- Invite them to do new things that make their brain more creative, by doing activities related to their long-deferred hobbies, for example.
- Encourage them to be physically active by doing exercises to keep their muscle fit and flexible.
- Make sure they consume nutritious diet (sufficient intakes of vitamins, minerals, and balanced nutrients).
- Encourage them to be active in social life and group activities.
- Start a well-organized lifestyle and make sure your parents get enough sleep.
- Drag them away from stress by making them smile and laugh more often, make them think positively all the time.
- Encourage them to take a regular medical check up to assess their health condition and detect any diseases or risk factors of the senior diseases.
Aside from doing some physical activities, which are visible from the outside, a medical check-up is also essential to figure out the invisible aspect of the health inside the body. For this reason, it is recommended that parents have their health checked up periodically in their elderhood.