Acupuncture & Physiotherapy
THERAPY OF ACUPUNCTURE
Acupuncture is a form of traditional medicine from China that involves stabbing certain areas (acupuncture points) on the body with a sharp fine needle. In the last two decades in the world developed medical acupuncture based on the basic science of western medicine and evidence based medicine.
Along with the development of medical acupuncture, except for needles, also developed various types of stimuli such as electricity, ultrasound, injections with drugs that have been registered in the POM, Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) and planting catgut yarn.
Acupuncture and health
In Indonesia, acupuncture has gained recognition from the College of Medical College of Indonesia (MKKI) as one of the areas of specialization in medical science. This specialist service is performed by medical acupuncture specialists at advanced health facilities (FKTL), such as Prodia Senior Health Center.
Benefits of acupuncture on health, including:
- Relieves pain, such as lower back pain, muscle, neck, menstrual cramps, pain after childbirth, postoperative pain.
- Reduce headaches and migraines.
- The process of stroke rehabilitation, hypertension.
- Treat sinusitis, allergic rhinitis, asthma, bronchitis
- Overcoming fatigue.
- Overcoming difficulty urinating, urinary tract infections.
- Reduces vasomotor symptoms during menopause, such as overheating and night sweats.
- Treating tinnitus (ringing ears).
- Treat the side effects of cancer treatment such as nausea, vomiting, pain, dryness of saliva.
- Reduce obesity and smoking addiction.
- Treating constipation, gastritis, insomnia, anxiety, depression.
WHO and some other health agencies give general approval that acupuncture is considered safe enough if done by trained and licensed practitioners. In addition, acupuncture methods are safe from clinical hygiene and especially acupuncture needles used. Make sure the acupuncture needles have been sterilized properly or use a disposable type. Otherwise, the risk of infections such as hepatitis and HIV may arise due to acupunctural negligence in the use of dirty needles.
- Easy to do
- Safe, no side effects
- Effectively reduce patient complaints
- Cheap, when compared with other treatment methods
- Rational, because many studies that prove acupuncture including one alternative treatment